Santiago M. Mella, Jr.
Municipal Compound, Brgy. Pamorangon Daet, Camarines Norte Philippines
Tel. No. 054-8850010
Emergency Hotline: 0912-8555-551/ 09189263581
Formulate and implement policies, program, projects and activities for the promotion of safety, welfare and protection:
1. Formulate and implement policies, programs, projects and activities for the promotion of safety, protection and welfare of the public, women and child.
2. Annual preparation of Disaster/Emergency Preparedness and Contingency Plan, PPAs and Budget Plan to be submitted to the local sangguniang through LDRRMC and LDC to be funded by LDRRMF and other regular funding sources and budgetary support.
3. Research, System Development and Management: Updating, Integration, Collation and Analysis of data from LGUs, Government Agencies and other entities.
4. Conduct risk and vulnerability assessment and implement/recommend programs/projects/activities for mitigation and preparedness.
5. Promotion and advocacy on Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation.
6. Secretariat Services:
a. Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC)
b. Other Disaster Related Councils.
1. To provide an efficient early warning system for incoming calamities, disaster and other related fortuitous events.
2. To provide an effective and immediate response mechanism and measures for all incoming emergencies.
3. To provide valuable recommendations, guidance and direction to every crisis that may arise.
4. To provide all time awareness on every dangers from natural and human-made disasters.
5. To provide data bank for all the disaster/emergency related data, information and statistics for policy formulations and decision-making.
Prepared, equipped and organized Daet, Camarines Norte, all aware of safety measures and readiness capability in meeting emergencies, whether on occurrence of natural or human-made calamities and disaster.
As mandated by RA 10121 known as the Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act, the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office under Section 12 shall exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, activities, services and undertaking concerning welfare and safety of the people, disaster and emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and rehabilitation management.
As mandated by RA 10121 known as the Philippines Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act, the MDRRMO under Section 12 shall exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, activities, services and undertakings concerning welfare and safety of the people, disaster and emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and rehabilitation management as adopted in Municipal Ordinance No. 211 s. 2011 passed by the Sangguniang Bayan affirming its powers, duties, functions and responsibilities, to wit:
1. Design, program, and coordinate disaster risk reduction and management activities consistent with the National Council’s standards and guidelines;
2. Facilitate and support risk assessments and contingency planning activities at the local level;
3. Consolidate local disaster risk information which include natural hazards, vulnerabilities, and climate change risks, and maintain a local risk map;
4. Organize and conduct training, orientation and knowledge management activities on disaster risk reduction and management at the local level;
5. Operate a multi-hazard early warning system, linked to disaster risk reduction to provide accurate and timely advice to national or local emergency response organizations and to the general public, through diverse mass media, particularly radio landline communications, and technologies for communication within rural communication within rural communities;
6. Formulate and implement a comprehensive and integrated LDRRMP in accordance with the national, regional and provincial framework, and policies on disaster risk reduction in close coordination with the local development councils (LDCs);
7. Prepare and submit to the local sanggunian through the LDRRMC and the LDC the annual LDRRMO Plan and budget, the proposed programming of the LDRRMF, other dedicated disaster risk reduction and management resources, and other regular funding source/s and budgetary support of the LDRRMO/BDRRMC;
8. Conduct continuous disaster monitoring and mobilize instrumentalities and entities of the LGUs, CSOs, private groups and organized volunteers, to utilize their facilities and resource for the protection and preservation of life and properties during emergencies in accordance with existing policies and procedures;
9. Identify, assess and manage the hazards, vulnerabilities and risk that may occur in the locality;
10. Disseminate information and raise public awareness about those hazards, vulnerabilities and risk, their nature, effects, early warning signs and counter measures;
11. Identify and implement cost-effective risk reduction measures/strategies;
12. Maintain a database of human resource, equipment, directories and location of critical infrastructures and their capacities such as hospitals and evacuation centers;
13. Develop, strengthen and operationalize mechanisms for partnership or networking with the private sectors, CSOs, and volunteer groups;
14. Take all the necessary steps on a continuing basis to maintain, provide, or arrange the provision of, or to otherwise make available, suitability-trained and competent personnel for effective civil defense and disaster risk reduction and management in its area;
15. Organize, train, equip and supervise the local emergency response and the ACDVs, ensuring that humanitarian aid workers are equipped with the basic skills to assist mothers to breastfeed;
16. Respond to and manage the adverse effects of emergencies and carry out recovery activities in the affected area, ensuring that there is an efficient mechanism for immediate delivery of food, shelter and medical supplies for women and children, endeavor to create special place where internally displaced mothers can fine help with breastfeeding, feed and care for their babies and give support to each other;
17. Within its area, promote and raise public awareness of and compliance with this Act and legislative provisions relevant to the purpose of this Act;
18. Serve as the secretariat and executive arm of the LDRRMC;
19. Coordinate other disaster risk reduction and management activities;
20. Establish linkage/network with other LGUs for disaster risk reduction and emergency response purposes;
21. Recommend through LDRRMC the enactment of the local ordinances consistent with the requirement of this Act;
22. Implement policies, approved plans and programs of the LDRRMC consistent with the policies and guidelines laid down in this Act;
23. Establish a Provincial/City/Municipal/Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operation Center;
24. Prepare and submit, through the LDRRMC and the LDC, the report on the utilization of the LDRRMF and other dedicated disaster risk reduction and management resources to the local Commission on Audit (COA), copy furnished the regional director of the OCD and the Local Government Operation Officer of the DILG; and
25. Act on matters that may be authorized by the LDRRMC.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To define the responsibility of each agency/office or entity so tasked RA 10121 known as The Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act.
2. To establish procedures and guidelines for inert-agency coordination and dissemination of information before, during and after a disaster/calamity.
3. To generate better working relationships among agencies and concerned sectors relative to the successful implementation of disaster control and management plans of programs.
4. To effectively carry out policies enunciated under RA 10121.
5. To adopt such measures, plans and programs as may be necessary for the implementation of RA 10121